Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quarter 3 Science

Activity

We work on our science fair projects for about a month. My science fair project partner was Ehsan Rahman. We did an experiment with bottle rockets on how the fin shapes and nose cone shapes effect it's flight. First we had to do the experient, then write a report on it, then make a presentation board and present our information to the jugdes at the science fair. Our presentation went really well. We scored a 48 out of 50. And in the end, out of the whole 8th grade, our project came in 3rd place.

Purpose

The purpose of the science fair was to learn something new on our own while having fun. It also allowed us to show our creativity. We had trouble at first decideing and agreeing on a project to do. But when he sugessted doing something with bottle rockets we qucikly we both agreed and was on the right track. We both had alot of fun blasting our bottle rockets on my compound.

Learned

I learned a lot about aerodymanmics and things. It was sooo much fun. I also learned what type of fin shape is best for the flight if a bottle rocket. Along with that i learned which nose cone shape is best best for the flight of a bottle rocket as well. I also learn how to use trial and error when you run into a problem.

Learned More/Differently

There are many different ways I could have learned this differently, but I wouldn't want to do them. This project was the best, most fun project I have ever had.

Goals

This was a great project. I had a ton of fun. We got a really good grade on this project. And we also can in 3rd place in the science fair.

No comments: